OpenBSD

Author: MikeStarkemgcon@neta.com
Subject: OpenBSD
I know this is the linux list, but I have just installed
OpenBSD, and I think I am hooked. I installed it a year
or so ago for a standalone anon ftp server, never had a problems
with it, but never spent much time on it.

Just recently we have been having problems with our users
dropping their connections to a remote Citrix server (Our ASP).
They have always had the dropped connections after a random
amount of time. I had always experienced dropped ssh connections,
but I have always just delt with it. I know ipchains
has a history of the ssh problem (others?), didn't want
to get creative w/ipchains, so I thought I would give OpenBSD
a try. I'm hooked. Never have I seen such outstanding man pages.

ipf seems so much more intuitive than ipchains. ipnat was also a piece
of cake.

One question I do have before I get carried away with how much I enjoy
BSD is this: Has anyone got Qmail and MySQL running under OpenBSD.
I noticed qmail is available as a package, but I didn't see MySQL.
Anyone have any tips they can offer.

Hope the BSD thread isn't out of line here.

Mike

http://www.getnet.com/~mgcon
Phoenix, AZ
USA