File Splitting

Author: sinck@ugive.com
Subject: File Splitting

\_ [...]
\_ cat linuxisoaa >> linuxrocks.iso
\_ cat linuxisoab >> linuxrocks.iso
\_ cat linuxisoac >> linuxrocks.iso
\_ cat linuxisoad >> linuxrocks.iso
\_ cat linuxisoae >> linuxrocks.iso
\_ cat linuxisoaf >> linuxrocks.iso
\_ cat linuxisoag >> linuxrocks.iso
\_
\_ depending on how many files you want to recombine it would be handy to
\_ have a script to take care of that

um,

cat linuxiso* > linuxrocks.iso

doesn't work for some reason? The fileglobbing expands
asciibettically, just like split creates them.

Of course, you could run into problems if you have other files named
linuxiso, but then you shouldn't have given it that prefix....

David

cat linuxiso* >> linuxrocks.iso is what I ment to type. I even ran it on
that same BSD iso again just to make sure it works. I mounted the newly
created iso (from the split images) with the -o loop option and I can see
everything just fine so I'm assuming everything is still entact.

Don