getting NFS up and netscape

Author: mazdaracermazdaracer@earthlink.net
Subject: getting NFS up and netscape
OK, the system is Mandrake 7.1 with the updated ppp
(ppp-2.4.0-3mdk.i586.rpm). Before I updated I got the pppd daemon died
unexpectedly error. Now it seems to connect, but Netscape can't get to
anything. Modem is Aceex DM-56V14 and is supposedly hardware controller
based. I've yet to verify it, but that's what I was told.

2nd problem
Trying to get NFS up on that same system so I can share a couple of
dir's.

The /etc/exports file reads:
/home/pete pm(rw) laptop(rw)
/home/gail pm(rw) laptop(rw)

where pm is my main box hostname and laptop is the laptop's hostname on
the same x.com domain.

When I 'exportfs -v' all I get is the last entry listed. When I try to
mount /home/gail on the laptop is just goes into background.

The laptop has the following /etc/fstab:

[pete@laptop tmp]$ cat /etc/fstab
/dev/hda6 / ext2 noatime 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hda8 /home ext2 noatime 1 2
/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom 0 0
/mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0 0 0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/win_c vfat user,exec,umask=0 0 0
/dev/hda5 /mnt/win_d vfat user,exec,umask=0 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda10 /tmp ext2 noatime 1 2
/dev/hda7 /usr ext2 noatime 1 2
/dev/hda11 /var ext2 noatime 1 2
/dev/hda9 swap swap defaults 0 0
pm:/home/pete   /share1 nfs      rw,bg,soft 0 0
pm:/home/gail   /share2 nfs      rw,bg,soft 0 0
[pete@laptop tmp]$

Any ideas out there? According to the manuals it shoulda been simple.

Thanks out there!