Switch box and mouse

Author: Alan Dayley
Subject: Switch box and mouse
All of these suggestions are interesting and valuable. A "smart" switch
box seems to be the consensus answer. But...

I was thinking a software/script/driver solution should be possible. Like
a script to unload and reload the mouse device driver or some such.

I guess it will be a good learning excersize to continue eliminating my
newbie-ness...

Alan