OT: Hardware Trade

Author: sinck@ugive.com
Subject: OT: Hardware Trade

\_ For clarification: Blurry screens are just as hideous.
\_ I went the long road and paid the big bucks for a decent
\_ screen. Same with keyboard and mouse. You don't wanna save money
\_ when it comes to your health!

I remember with some glee the day some video journalism students
ambushed me coming out of the shiny new computing commons pit at ASU.

q: "What do you think of the computers?"

a: "There ok, not the newest, but for the count, probably a great
deal."

q: "What do you think of the lines?"

a: "Nobody but me and 2-3 others use the [9] Xterminals; we ignore the
lines."

q: "What do you like best about it?"

a: "The chairs."

*phooom*

q: "ah, uh, ah"

a: "I'm a CS Grad student...I sit in one place for 8-12 hours
straight...chairs are more important than the computer hardware."

*phoom* *phoom*

[they start backing away slowly as panic sets in]

a: "The chairs are real nice: seat pan adjustment, hieght, lumbar
support, ...."

*phoom* *phoom* *phoom*

[footsteps rapidly retreating]

a: "Hmmmph...time to go sit in the back of the XWindow class...."

I have other amusing computing commons shenanigans, but they're
unrelated to the fact that ergo is important....

David