Thunderstorm last week

Author: Lowell Hamilton
Subject: Thunderstorm last week
Reminds me of some of the large 100-200 people LAN gaming events, where
backup power generators and the whole nine yards were used to keep
everyone's system running, and then some dummies would daisy chain 10
power strips together (many with the ground progs ripped out) ... then
someone would turn off their monitor, and all the extra juice goes
straight into the power supply of every other computer since they aren't
grounded, frying BIOS, dimms, cpu's (since eveyone had their machines
overclocked and over voltage), and monitor circuitry.

bzzzzt!

--
Lowell Hamilton, Head of Network Operations
Vista Voice and Data, Inc. - Phoenix, AZ