Uptime Baby!

Author: Jason
Subject: Uptime Baby!
wrote:

> \_ If I had a business machine, I would try and have a cron job reboot
> \_ the sucker on sunday night, at a random time between 3 and 3:30 AM
> \_ when the load averages have been under .0? (whatever, depends on the
> \_ CPU, etc etc) for at least 15 minutes. Why random?
> Well, how about just "Why?"

If the machine is running unattended, it cleans out any processes that
for one reason or another fail to terminate.

Netscape is perhaps the most heinous example of this (though that
wouldnt be running unattended...) .. a crashed netscape can persist
even after you exit from X!

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|