Uptime Baby!

Author: Jasonjkenner@mindspring.com
Subject: Uptime Baby!
wrote:

> > 400+ days of uptime tells me one thing tho, he definitly has a UPS...
>
> His triple-redundant deep-cycle marine battery UPSes
> help, but I suspect that JLF's triple-redundant multi-
> fuel generators play no small part. :) Having a coupl'a
> fuel rods and a cold spare NanoNuke(TM) generator
> tied into his personal grid doesn't hurt, either.

heheh.

Excepting the fact that you wont have power to your monitor, the best
place to add a UPS if your going to build your own is actually at the
around 400-1000 VDC section inside the power supply... converting down
to 12VDC, then back up to 110, then up again to 400-1000 (varies
depending on the PS) wastes a considerable amount of energy compared
to simply going straight to the higher voltage.

Of course, to actually implement this, one would need.. hmm.. an Array
of Rechargable Nine Volt Batteries? I dunno..

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|