Saving the routing table

Author: der.hansPLUGd@LuftHans.com
Subject: Saving the routing table
Am 20. Sep, 2000 schwäzte David Demland so:

> I am working on a Storm box. I have used route to setup the routing, when I
> reboot I lose all the changes. What do I have to do the keep the changes
> after a reboot?

Did add network and netmask to your /etc/network/interfaces file? Instead
of rebooting, run "/etc/init.d/network restart". If this doesn't work it
narrows down the prob. If that does work, but things're hosed after
rebooting it also narrows down the prob :).

I've only needed to reboot to fix the network when stuck with m$ or some
dist out of .nc.us ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--
# home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Opnix.com
# Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --