Nullmail and ssmtp

Author: NathanSapernatedog@well.com
Subject: Nullmail and ssmtp
On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 06:05:19PM -0700, der.hans wrote:
> Am 12. Sep, 2000 schwäzte Nathan Saper so:
>
> > My only problem with Mutt so far is PGP/MIME. What the hell is it, and
> > why should I care? Now, I have to run my mail through procmail in order
> > for mutt to recognize normal PGP mail, and I can't use mutt's built-in PGP
> > support if I want non-MIME users to be able to read my mail.
>
> non-MIME MUA? I thought everybody could do MIME at this point.

Some mailers don't handle PGP/MIME very well. For example, with Pine, you
have to export the mail to a file, then run PGP manually on it. Maybe I'm
missing something...

> What does
> procmail do to the mail that changes how mutt sees it?

Mutt only scans the headers of mails to see if they're PGP
signed/encrypted. This is a PGP/MIME thing, I think. Procmail just adds
that header to PGP messages that don't already have it.

Don't ask me why mutt is set up that way...