Any good POS (Point Of Sale)/cashdrawer software? (For SCO U…

Author: Kevin Buettner
Subject: Any good POS (Point Of Sale)/cashdrawer software? (For SCO UN IX on a Proliant.)
On Sep 7, 8:39am, Lucas Vogel wrote:

> I came across this this morning, it talks about a company called Neoware,
> which is making thin-client hardware/software solutions(including POS) for
> Linux.

I visited Neoware a few years ago. They (at the time anyway) were a
relatively small outfit, but their engineers were quite competent.

Their engineers (again, at the time) used their own hardware to do
development. They had their own thin client X servers on their desks
connected to a server on which they did their builds. (Using your own
product in this way is often referred to as "eating your own dogfood"
and is an acid test of whether a product is usable or not.)

Kevin