kppp problems

Author: Ronald Standage
Subject: kppp problems
Hi all,

I had GNOME really go south on me this last weekend and I have reconstructed
my user with KDE. I managed to backup all my files to CDR but now I can't
get kppp to let me use the connection. It thinks it must authenticate my
ISP and I can't get it to just authenticate itself to the ISP. When it
can't, it just starts over dialing the ISP. I have gone through the help
files, which talk about authenticating the server but mine seems to be setup
right, and the logs and all I can see in them is it can't find a "secret"
password to authenticate my ISP. Because of this problem I have to write
this on my wife's computer (win95 8-( with a slow modem).

Does anybody have any ideas where I should go and look?

Thank you very much.

Ron Standage