Houston, I Have a Problem!

Author: Norman Lund
Subject: Houston, I Have a Problem!
I didn't see anyone respond to this, so I guess I will. forgive me if
someone already shot you an email:

the control-d at that point just means that fsck had issues fixing the
harddisk, and needs you to run it manually. (it uses switches in the
batch.)
Just run: fsck /dev/hd?? (where ?? is whichever harddisk it complained
about.)

then, reboot and your cool.

Norman Lund