SAMBA and Profiles

Author: Mark Peoples
Subject: SAMBA and Profiles

--Boundary_(ID_JJCcQKLYFLtDAstTM2YGDA)

Samba can handle a mix of NT and 9x profiles very well. I did it at home for
~9 months...it's mostly a matter of tweaking smb.conf and shell scripting,
most of which is pretty well documented, but can be a pain to configure.
You're right though...it's not the right thing to use if you're trying to
admin a NT/9x environment like you would with mmc, srvmgr, usrmgr, etc
etc...

The 'new' version of Samba is supposed to do some *wicked* stuff tho =)