DSL reccomendations? anyone using PSN?

Author: Kevin Saling
Subject: DSL reccomendations? anyone using PSN?
Are you describing, two-way service or one-way service or both?

I don't know about two-way service, 'cuz I have never seen it...

In one-way service, the return loop is a POTS lines back to a TNT or some
other dial-in device. That's not shared. Perhaps the media from the TNT
back to the speedchoice backbone is shared, but I doubt it. That leaves the
outgoing traffic... my understanding is that outgoing traffic is MMDS
broadcasted on whatever frequencies (surely someone here knows them) and my
hybrid router is only interested in packets destined for my IP address.

Therefore, it only _routes_ inbound packets that are destined for me and
ignores everything else. This would explain why I don't see any other
traffic when I am sniffing between my hybrid router and my NIC, huh? :-)
Now, if I inserted a sniffer between my hybrid router and the antenna, do
you think I would see other traffic??? Hmmm.

...Kevin