My crusade for web content filtering

Author: J.L.Francois
Subject: My crusade for web content filtering
Don't know.
I'll have to RTFM to find out.
My gut feeling is that being a proxy it has to have
some mechanism for doing this.

JLF Sends...

It seems like on Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 09:38:10PM -0700, Kevin Saling scribbled:
Orig Msg> > I use the API in my proxy and feed the data stream
Orig Msg> > thru a Perl script to rewrite WWW pages and add my banners.
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> That's all I'm looking for.  I want to scan the data stream for key words.
Orig Msg> If I get a hit, I want to rewrite the page to something like:
Orig Msg> <html>
Orig Msg>   <body>
Orig Msg>     This page is blocked.   :P
Orig Msg>   </body>
Orig Msg> </html>
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> This is not possible with squid, true?
Orig Msg>
Orig Msg> ...Kevin

JLF Sends...
--
When I said to people to use PGP/GPG for all email they laughed at me
and said they don't use encryption because they have nothing to hide