squid log files

Author: kus ton
Subject: squid log files
I just got Squid running this week and am trying to
figure out what the log files mean. If anyone has a
good URL(besides the squid-page) I would be greatfull.

I have a couple of simple questions:

1. in the access.log file every request is TCP_MISS
even I go back to the same web page(ie yahoo.com or
yale.edu) What is a web page that I should get a
TCP_HIT on?

2. in the store.log file, all the entries are either
SWAPOUT or RELEASE, is this normal? Shouldn't I be
getting some SWAPIN entries?

When I set my browser up to use it as a proxy cache,
it seems to speed up the downloads from URL's across
the pond, but I can't prove it looking at the log
files.
Anyone have any ideas?

thanks
troy