ssh rpm

Author: der.hans
Subject: ssh rpm
Am 19. Jul, 2000 schwäzte so:

> And in FreeBSD (OpenBSD stole the ports method from FreeBSD,
> so you can probably do the same in OpenBSD), do:
>
> make package
>
> after "make install", and now you have a binary package
> file that you can simply "pkg_add <packagename>" on your
> other boxes, without having to download/extract/patch/compile
> over and over.

Does this do dependency checking like apt? That and the fact that you can
get "official" binary packages (with some sort of quality control) are the
things that are really killer on debian for me. Being able to
automagically build from downloaded source is also cool, but a feature I
really haven't needed.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.Opnix.com
# It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.