I, idiotus....

Author: Tim Weaver
New-Topics: I, idiotus....
Subject: I, idiotus....
Apologies to fans of "I, Cladius".

However, I am an idiot. I have been trying to get the Linux Router Project
download on a floppy. I have tried several LRP-related sites, including the
Linuxrouter.org site. I was looking for the superidiot image disk (go
figure...) so I can install and run a Linux firewall and gateway/router on
our home network. The machine I have has only an 800 mb harddrive and it
would take the Netmax firewall program, but I could install Mandrake 7.0
with no problems. My knowledge isn't up to picking and choosing packages
since I am sure I'll leave some dependency out and muck the whole thing up
(not that I am not practiced at installs by now...).

SO, I tried to download an LRP image to my main systems harddrive then write
to a 1.44 floppy
using rawrite (for Windows and in Dos). Both times I couldn't' write to the
disk. It's a new floppy which formats fine, but I will admit I was
frustrated enough not to try another floppy.

My biggest frustration is when I need to create an image of a program or
distribution (I tried imaging Debian and got nothing but a string of 1's and
0's upon booting the CR). I just have no clue what I am doing.

Frustrated in Phoenix,
Tim