I'm not asking 'should I...'

Author: sinck@ugive.com
Subject: I'm not asking 'should I...'

\_ I have seen several utilities that do this for DOS (cringe!) and
\_ actually load device drivers in that memory space... but I havn't
\_ wandered across one for linux. I imagine that it could probably be done
\_ though with some driver re-rewrites .. or even make a device for it and
\_ use it like a ramdisk (highly swank)... The problem with it is that it
\_ will have slow access compared to standard ram, since it has to wander
\_ across a slow pci or agp bus,
It'd be faster than pci to disk, no?

\_ and if you ever want to enter a graphics
\_ mode, you will have to completely remove that segment from use.

Not necessarily for two reasons:
1) low resoution (800x600x8) on a high-mem card
2) ooooo...look at the pretty picture fixed hard right bottom on my screen

We could package it and call it a screen saver with computational
hacks. :-)

David