Something interesting about Novell

Author: James Lee Bell
Subject: Something interesting about Novell
--------------01B5971B165B073C9E314879

Glad to see there are other Netware/Linux cross-over geeks here. Anyone
tried out NDS for Linux yet?

Bill, on exporting the "xconsole" to someplace else, check out Novell's
support site looking for "xconsole+export". Basically, it's something
you can set up in INETCFG like any of the other remote console access. I
think it's pretty limited from that direction, though: it reads like you
end up almost "hardwiring" the display export to a specific machine and
display (i.e. 192.168.0.1:0.0) and having to reinit system to change it,
but it's been a while since I looked at it.

wrote:

> Novell has an application called 'xconsole' that's similar
> to their SPX-based rconsole. I've gathered it's a gaping
> M$-style security issue tho'.
>
> Bill Warner wrote:
> > Is there anyone more knowlageable about this and any advanced
> > capabilitys and maybe intergration with linux? Can I export
> > say my nw5 DISPLAY to land Novell apps on my linux box?
> >
> > Bill Warner

--------------01B5971B165B073C9E314879

begin:vcard
n:Bell;James
tel;fax:602-266-7020
tel;work:602-266-7400
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.eai-healthcare.com
org:eai Healthcare Staffing Solutions, Inc.;Information Technology
version:2.1
email;internet:
title:Network Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;3800 N. Central Ave.=0D=0ASuite 800;Phoenix;AZ;85012;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;27616
fn:James Lee Bell
end:vcard

--------------01B5971B165B073C9E314879--