I hate netscapes address book

Author: Datawolf
Subject: I hate netscapes address book
The problem I had with Netscape's address book is that it simply didn't
work. I would type in part of an email address or name, and it would
never match anything. The address entry stuff was flaky. I could
create a new card, and it wouldn't show up until I closed and reopened
address book.

I tried starting a completely new profile (renamed my .netscape and
nsmail), and still got the same thing. This lasted across a couple (or
a few) versions, including the most recent, 4.73.

But my wife's always worked, so what I finally did was clone her
.netscape folder, and edit everything, clean out the address book and
add my own in. So now it works.

OTOH, it seems like 4.73 is more stable with java and javascript. Or
maybe I just don't go to java/javascript sites much.

-BVG