UPS system internlinking

Author: RyanMeldrumryjame@wiredglobal.com
Subject: UPS system internlinking
There is a very good HOW-TO located in the Linux Documentation project (the
UPS-HOWTO). There is little other documentation on ups support other than APC.
If you have an off brand, you may want to check with the UPS manufacturer to
see if they have a Un*x driver or daemon. Once you have found this, SNMP will
work provided the daemon supports it. If not, you may be SOL. I have done a
little research (I have 1 APC and a couple of "no-name" UPS's) and found
freashmeat.net the best resource to do a search. Some of the code seems
outdated and if you are not a coder, you may have trouble adapting existing
code to match your particular setup.

Good luck in your search.

On Sun, 09 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> I just bought a UPS system for home and plan on connecting it to my linux
> computer and want to send a command to my Windows 2000 server to shut it
> down on low power conditions. I presume that this is done thru SNMP.
>
> Anyone want to give me hints on how to do this?
>
> TIA,
>
> Craig
>
> ----:----|----:----|----:----|----:----|----:----|----:----|
> - Craig White - PO Box 8634 - Scottsdale, Arizona - 85252
> - e-mail address ................ -
> - world wide web address ........ - http://www.AzApple.com
> - e-mail my pager address ....... -
> - cellular phone ................ - (602) 377-9752
> - voice/facsimile ............... - (480) 945-8445

Ryan Meldrum
Acxiom Corporation
19621 N. 23rd Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85027