Nasty

Author: Barnett, Blake
Subject: Nasty
It's called Progesa, from a company called Mak Systems, Inc. (a french
company)... it's a BASIC based application, and uses a btrieve-like method
of holding it's tables, so there's no relational integrity and the
performance of the basic interpreter is nasty. This box is a DEC 8400 with
10 612 MHZ cpu's..

It's a blood-banking package, initially designed for a small blood bank that
gets about 500 donations a month or so... We're a nationwide company which
receives about 2000 donations / deferrals / etc. per day.

* Blake