pcanywhere

Author: Kevin Buettner
Subject: pcanywhere
On Jun 29, 5:49pm, Joel Dudley wrote:

> I am trying to push VNC but everyone here complains that it is a lot slower
> than PCanywhere from their modem's at home. The babies gotta have a
> bazillion colors and all they do is look at code. Doesn't make sense but,
> alas, I am a lowly admin. What do I know :-p

If they're just looking at code, they could run the editor / IDE /
whatever on the local machine and keep a copy of the sources checked
out locally. I've also had good experiences with rsync (which may be
used with ssh) for keeping local/remote sources synchronized.

(I was on a project for a couple of weeks in February in which I would
edit the sources on my local machine, rsync with some build machines
in Sunnyvale, do my build, test, and repeat. Sometimes I'd put a
quick fix in on the Sunnyvale side of things, but rsync can be made to
synchronize in both directions.)

Kevin