CD-R help

Author: Marc Chung
Subject: CD-R help
I've actually followed this thread closely.. picked up a sony crx145e
the other day

today, I got it working under linux.. I'm including steps of how I got
mine to work.. seeing how we both have ide cdrw's the steps should be
somewhat similar

--
in lilo.conf
append="hdd=ide-scsi"

rebooted

in fstab
copied cdrom line
and replaced `cdrom' with `cdrw'
left everything else the same

in /dev
symlinked scd0 to `cdrw' (it was cdrom2, but that was annoying)

loaded up ide-scsi
insmod ide-scsi
lsmod ide-scsi to verify

run cdrecord -scanbus to make sure everything is cool
you should get some `comforting' output

just some syntax of the top of the man page to make a quick iso
mkisofs -r -o cd_image stuff/

loopback to check out image
mount -t iso9660 -o loop cd_image /mnt/cdrom/

pray, recite confucian analects and understand why nothing is
supposed to work the first time round.. (see sig)
cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=0,0,0 -data cd_image

where `speed' is anything that your CDRW is capable off
dev is the argument given when you type `cdrecord -scanbus'
cd_image is the name of the image

and that's how babies are made..
:)

--
Marc Chung []
"you know _why_ that doesn't work, right?.. it'd be way to easy."