AAGGHH!!!

Author: KevinBuettnerkev@primenet.com
Subject: AAGGHH!!!
On Jun 3, 3:16pm, Kevin Brown wrote:

> I got RH 6.0 working on my laptop (Panasonic CF-25 Mk II). No
> problems with it for the last month. Turn it on today and fsck, it
> fails to boot. Freezes halfway through the boot up. I can't even
> ctrl-alt-del to reboot. Get it to reboot, it does a check of the
> drive, finds that it is fine and boots. It gets to the login and
> then doesn't accept any keyboard input, numlock and capslock don't
> change the leds. Try again. After more than a dozen reboots I'm
> able to login. Go to switch to a different directory and the damn
> thing freezes again. It's not accepting any keyboard input so I
> can't even switch to a different terminal (alt + Function key).
> What the hell is wrong with it, anyone have a clue?

My guess is that it's something electrical (loose or intermittent
connection perhaps). I had a (employer provided) laptop for a
while that would work just fine if you'd open it up, turn it
on and keep it *very* still. But as soon as you picked it and
moved it, it would freeze up. The problem seemed to get worse
over time too.

Kevin