Mainboards

Author: RodRoarkrod@sunsetsystems.com
Subject: Mainboards
On Sat, 03 Jun 2000, Airickjay wrote:

> This will prob sound like a dumb question but....
>
> Does linux support AGP video cards?

AGP is not an issue, the video chipset may be.

> I need to get a new mainboard, and was thinking of going from PCI
> video to AGP, but I don't want to get it til I am sure it will work
> with Linux... What is really the diff between the two anyways?

Red Hat has a hardware compatibility list at
http://www.redhat.com/support/hardware/.

However the video card landscape changes almost daily, and many of the
high-end cards actually stocked today are adequately supported only by
the bleeding edge XFree86 4.0, if at all.

Regarding both video cards and motherboards... spend some time at
http://www.tomshardware.com/; you'll learn a lot.

-- Rod
Sunset Systems                           Preconfigured Linux Computers
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/                      and Custom Software