Linux Job Order

Author: Cindy Fox
Subject: Linux Job Order
I agree! Having done a lot of hiring, there are a lot of good points here.
Much of it depends on who you are, where you're applying and for what you
are applying. I always read every resume that came in, because I'm a techie
and I like details and researching and finding the best solutions, be it
people or tech stuff, BUT, when our college got big enough to have it's own
HR department, they tried to filter for me.

They are non-techie and could only go by the most basic standards. Then
they kept calling me about acronyms. :) I finally said, just send them all
down. I didn't want to lose a good person because their resume wasn't the
best. But the bigger the company, the more non-techies you have to go
through and you know what, DOS and MSDOS are not the same to non-techies.
x86 and 80486 are not the same and so on. Many people with liberal arts
degrees cannot understand technical stuff. :) Okay, throw your flames
now! (Then, I'll tell you my degree is in Philosophy). :) Well, one of
them. The other is in biomedical electronics. :) Oh, yeah, and then there
was the journalism. :)

Whatever, anyway, many people see only one path. The reason I like techies
and computers so much is because there are many many answers to the same
question and sometimes, they are all correct. :) BTW, in resume writing
in college, I got a bad grade because I refused to change my resume to the
way the teacher said was "correct" since I had gotten many jobs and
compliments on my resume since age 16. :) I also got thrown out of a
Creative Writing class and now writing is 1/3 of my income. :) School is a
tool. A resume is a tool. If it does what you want, it's right. :)

Cindy Fox
Computer Training Solutions
www.cindyfox.com
(602) 692-8923