Linux Programmer

Author: sinck@corp.quepasa.com
Subject: Linux Programmer

\_
\_ 1) I disagree with you on zero coding thing.
\_ You still code but instead of typing in the
\_ actual code you have to use point and click
\_ interface. This is all nice and cool as long
\_ as you go back and optimize the generated
\_ code which no one does. This is the exact way
\_ you end up with bunch of bloatware.
\_
\_
\_ How do you figure?
\_

Generated code typically is very generalized and so prone to do lots
of things that it doesn't necessarily need to.

For instance, I've got automatically-generated perl db interface
routines and they've got support for legacy calling (list vs hash)
that they don't *need* for the newer functions, yet it makes it
trivial to port them since it supports it.

David