Linux Programmer

Author: Furmanek, Greg
Subject: Linux Programmer
1) I disagree with you on zero coding thing.
You still code but instead of typing in the
actual code you have to use point and click
interface. This is all nice and cool as long
as you go back and optimize the generated
code which no one does. This is the exact way
you end up with bunch of bloatware.

2) OTOH VB has *zero* portability.

3) You right the example I have given is gnome specific
however win32 hooks can be written as well (if they aren't already).
You have ports of gtk+ to windows so you can use it in windows also.
With python you also get the jpython stuff which from what
I have read generate Java code which is highly portable
(so you can run it in windows).

Python does not limit itself to single toolkit/OS/Environment.

p.s. Talking about zero portability; I wonder how the Intel AI-64
will turn out.