user web pages.

Author: datawolf@ibm.net
Subject: user web pages.
The default home directory settings on RedHat are 700, which means that
only the owner can see what's in it, or any of it's subdirectories.
This includes the public_html subdirectory. To make the public_html
directory available to the web server, you have to give everyone some
minimal access to your home directory, e.g. 701, I believe. This is a
security risk, because then you have to keep track of the permissions on
all your subdirs to make sure nobody can get to them. Personally, I
keep a subdirectory in /home/httpd with each user having a directory
there. If you make a symlink in your home directory, it's not any less
convenient, either.

-BVG