Firewall and SMTP

Author: James Lee Bell
Subject: Firewall and SMTP
--------------885A25685CC5C528587BF6A1

Don't know ipchains well enough yet to give you commands, but to send
mail you need to open up port 25 (SMTP) with TCP protocol from your
internal to either a specific external (if using an external smart host
for relaying) or to all addresses. I just re-did this recently with
Novell Bordermanager, and one thing I had to go with Novell's IPFLT was
to make certain I had both an incoming and outgoing filter, so that the
2-way conversation was possible. Don't know ipchains well enough to know
if you have to do something similar.

"James, Justin" wrote:
> I am in need of some firewall help in getting mail from an internal mail
> server to be sent through the firewall without the need to add any mail
> server into the firewall script. I am using ipchains for my firewall. I
> would also like to set the firewall up to let all mail server in and out so
> that I can stop adding mail server into my firewall script.

--------------885A25685CC5C528587BF6A1

begin:vcard
n:Bell;James
tel;fax:602-266-7020
tel;work:602-266-7400 x229
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.eai-healthcare.com
org:eai Healthcare Staffing Solutions, Inc.;Information Technology
version:2.1
email;internet:
title:Network Engineer
note:Information Technology Rules!
adr;quoted-printable:;;3800 N. Central Ave.=0D=0ASuite 800;Phoenix;AZ;85012;USA
fn:James Lee Bell
end:vcard

--------------885A25685CC5C528587BF6A1--