New Distro and a Howto question

Author: Sean Roe
Subject: New Distro and a Howto question
After being a RedHat user for several years (All the way back to RH 4.x) I took the plunge to learn a new distro.
I installed Debian that came the Sams book installing Debian GNU/Linux.

My Impression:
Its fast, alot faster the my RH 6.1 Install on it before.
It doesn't come with all the shovelware that come with RH.
It seems more stable, weird things don't happen at high loads...yet.
It seems to be better laid out then RH....no rc1 ect....

I like it, I can configure just the stuff I want and roll my own so to speak.

But I have a stupid question. After I installed it, it automagically starts up in X. While this would be fine for some, I don't want to start X unless I
need it. I rememeber something about the inittab and runlevels. Currently it is set to default to 2. How do I get it to start with out X running?

Sean

Sean Roe

Head Cook and Bottlewasher: http://www.azbiz.net
Sonoran Express Pilot #SOX003