problem changing SCSI cards on RedHat 6.2

Author: Datawolfdatawolf@ibm.net
Subject: problem changing SCSI cards on RedHat 6.2
I swapped SCSI cards on my box, from a Promise card (ncr53c8xx driver)
to an Adaptec card (aic7xxx driver). RedHat 6.2's "kudzu" utility
automatically detected this, and modified my /etc/conf.modules
appropriately. So my conf.modules now has a line:

    alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx

But when the machine boots up, it tries to load the ncr53c8xx driver
instead. Naturally, it is unable to do so, and fails to detect any SCSI
devices. Once it's booted, I simply "insmod aic7xxx" and all is fine.
(The SCSI is just for my CD-RW and CD-ROM, no hard drives.)

So where is it still getting the ncr53c8xx driver from? Is there a new
secret kudzu-rc file that I have to modify? The conf.modules should be
sufficient, I thought...

Any ideas?

-BVG