Anyone else go to SGI's Linux University?

Author: MikeCantrellyomahz@devnull.org
Subject: Anyone else go to SGI's Linux University?
No DRI support for nVidia cards because of the closed source drivers
(not linux's fault of course)... 3dfx has really came to the table with
it's arms out but I still get really poor performance with my voodoo3
with games like Unreal Tournament and Quake 3.

It's much better than it use to be but it still has a long way to go.
That's one of the reasons I wanted more info on Xfree86 4 and DRI. I
installed xfree86 4 and configured everything according to all the doc's
I could find... I was running the GL gears test and other GL apps OK but
q3 still ran like shit (comapred to windows)...

Just my $cents++

Mike