OpenLinux2.4 - Mounting Internal ZIP Drive

Author: Kevin O'Connor
Subject: OpenLinux2.4 - Mounting Internal ZIP Drive
Have you tried typing:

> mount -t vfat /dev/hdd4 /mnt/disk

That should mount your zip drive onto the directory "/mnt/disk"
assuming:

1) You are trying to mount a Windoze format disk.

2) You have your hardware configured the same way as before. (The zip
drive is IDE and still your slave on your 2nd IDE port.

3) You have a directory called disk in your mnt directory ...
    Create one if you need to : >  mkdir /mnt/disk
You could call it 'zip' instead if you want to.

Kevin O

Chuck wrote:

> First things first, I just want to thank everyone who has help me the last
> few days, with the few problems that I have encountered during setup.
>
> Well it appears I have one more problem. It appears that during install
> OPLX2.4 failed to detect my zipdrive. Under the RH6.0 OS it was hdd4, no
> such animal here now! I can put a disk in and it appears to spin but I'm
> unable to locate the drive. I have checked in Webmin and there's no
> reference to the zipdrive. Any more suggestions?
>
> TIA,
> Chuck

Kevin O'Connor

"Waving away a cloud of smoke, I look up, and am blinded by a bright,
white
light. It's God. No, not Richard Stallman, or Linus Torvalds, but God.
In
a booming voice, He says: "THIS IS A SIGN. USE LINUX, THE FREE UNIX
SYSTEM
FOR THE 386."
(Matt Welsh)