I give up (at least for tonight)

Author: MarkR.Myersmmyers@pamarq.com
Subject: I give up (at least for tonight)

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BFA73F.02896440

I ready to chuck this whole Linux thing!
I went to CompUSA today and bought OpenLinux 2.4 for the eDesktop.
It is supposed geared to make the Linux experience better for a desktop =
user, with RealAudio already configured to work with Netscape, Adobe =
Acrobat, the whole nine yards.
I installed it with little problems, but it did not like any of my =
Linux-compatible network cards. I tried 3 different ones that I know are =
Linux compatible...nothing.
So, I reinstalled Mandrake 7. No problems, everything looks great.
Recently I decided to transfer some video taped material onto CD-Rs so =
that hopefully it would last longer.
So, I had a 128MB AVI file that has 46 seconds of video on it, totally =
uncompressed.
It plays terrible jerking in Linux.
I switch back to Win98 and it plays flawlessly.
I just sick of the whole thing. At least I can get certain OSes to do =
what I want them to do, without having to be a computer programmer.
Good night!
Mark

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BFA73F.02896440

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I ready to chuck this whole Linux =
thing!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I went to CompUSA today and bought OpenLinux 2.4 =
for the=20
eDesktop.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>It is supposed geared to make the Linux =
experience better=20
for a desktop user, with RealAudio already configured to work with =
Netscape,=20
Adobe Acrobat, the whole nine yards.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I installed it with little problems, but it did =
not like=20
any of my Linux-compatible network cards. I tried 3 different ones that =
I know=20
are Linux compatible...nothing.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>So, I reinstalled Mandrake 7. No problems, =
everything=20
looks great.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Recently I decided to transfer some video taped =
material=20
onto CD-Rs so that hopefully it would last longer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>So, I had a 128MB AVI file that has 46 seconds =
of video on=20
it, totally uncompressed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>It plays terrible jerking in Linux.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I switch back to Win98 and it plays=20
flawlessly.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I just sick of the whole thing. At least I can =
get certain=20
OSes to do what I want them to do, without having to be a computer=20
programmer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Good night!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Mark</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BFA73F.02896440--