which modem should I get (fwd)

Author: Shawn T. Rutledge
New-Topics: which modem should I get
Subject: which modem should I get (fwd)
On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 04:28:46PM -0700, der.hans wrote:
> My question is simple to more experience users. I just need to know what
> would be a good, easy to set up modem. Internal or External, brand and model
> would be really helpful. I am brand new to linux.

For data, a USR/3Com. Preferably with jumpers rather than plug-n-pray
if possible. For fax/voice, a Hayes Accura. It supports class 2.0 fax
and can tell the difference between a voice call and a fax call. But
they are out of business so you have to buy used. :-(

--
  _______                                     http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud
 (_  | |_)     finger