ISA PnP Question

Author: DouglasE.Milesdoug.miles@bpxinternet.com
Subject: ISA PnP Question
Hi all,

I'm a long time lurker, and a first time poster.

I just installed RH6.1 on my home system. I have a PnP Soundblaster
AWE64, and a PnP U.S. Robotics 56k internal modem that I can't get to
play nicely together. I had them working fine in RH6.0. The modem
worked from the start, and I ran sndconfig and got the Soundblaster
working. However, in 6.1, the modem is working fine from the start, but
quits working after running sndconfig. The Soundblaster works fine at
this point. I noticed that sndconfig creates an /etc/isapnp.conf file,
and updates /etc/conf.modules. I have RTFMd isapnp and pnpdump. I'm
thinking that If I can get the config for the modem and back that up (in
case of a screw up), I can copy my old 6.0 isapnp.conf file over, and
see if that works. My question is this: since the isapnp.conf file
doesn't exist (I re-installed, and haven't run sndconfig), where is the
config for the modem stored? Can I run pnpdump, and get it that way, or
will pnpdump screw it up? Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks!

--
- Doug

Socrates is a man. All men are mortal. Therefore, all mortals are
Socrates.