gnucash (was Re: Engineering tools moving to Linux )

Author: Ken Bowley
Subject: gnucash (was Re: Engineering tools moving to Linux )
On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 wrote:

> FWIW, I d/l gnucash last night...that was right pleasant given the
> little bit I played with it.
>
> One fewer reason to boot to the other side of my system....

It looks real nice, but there are still some rough edges that need to be
worked out. The biggest one I noticed was importing .qif files that are
Y2K compliant. I have an account at NetBank which allows customers to
download their account activity in .qif format, but when I imported this
information into gnucash, it interpreted all the dates as 12/31/1969.
When I went in and manually changed all the dates to two digits,
everything imported perfectly. There is also an error in the default
reports. Some of the totals are not initialized properly and it ends out
reporting larger and larger numbers every time you run a report. :)

In all honesty, these are very minor bugs that can be easily squashed. I
suggest that anyone looking for a home accounting package on Linux take a
look at gnucash!