to be a newbie

Author: Johnjohn.gorman@rez.com
Subject: to be a newbie
Not to miss the obvious, but try this:

1. First type: 'type make' (no quotes)

2. Does it give you a result or 'not found'?

3. If not found, then the problem may be that the make
is not in your path. I know that RPM has a way of telling you
that, but I am much better with a tar ball. So unless
someone knows of a way to find make from RPM, I would
do the following:

4. as root: find / -type f -name "make" -print 2>/dev/null

5. Once you have it located, either execute from the absolute
path or better yet, add it to your PATH

John