new video card problems--mouse cursor becomes a box?

Author: Lucas Vogel
Subject: new video card problems--mouse cursor becomes a box?
How would I switch between the two? I don't see anything in there about
either one, just the general mouse information:

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "PS/2"
   Device          "/dev/mouse"
   BaudRate        1200
   Emulate3Timeout 150
   Resolution      100
   Emulate3Buttons
EndSection

It seems to switch between the normal mouse cursor and the hardware
mouse(?); for example if I turn on a screensaver it becomes the square,
and sometimes if I push a button; usually to convert it back to normal I
shake the mouse cursor around the screen and it stops.

Thanks

--
Lucas Vogel

ICQ: 44697169