Newbie in Atlanta

Author: GiffinRon-P08295Ron.Giffin@motorola.com
Subject: Newbie in Atlanta
<snip>
We have one linux box set up at work by a guy who knows what he is doing
with it.
I have an old PC at home, but my wife would like to keep dos on it.

So, what is the best way to keep dos and be able to boot linux as well?

Clinton
(newbie to linux - 12 years experience in unix (solaris, hp, dec/tru-64)
--
<snip>

Lots of ways to go about this. Just one would be to purchase a copy of
"Complete Idiots Guide to Linux". Cost about $16. It has a Caldera
Open Linux CD in the back. The book has entry level instructions for
building and running Linux, including "dual boot", which would allow
you to partition your disk to preserve DOS. The CD allows you to build
a variety of systems, from a stripped-down system to full distro. If
memory serves, only "old" chipsets supported are 386/486. Good Luck!