Looking for a tool

Author: ClintonNCFisher@Z-TEL.com
Subject: Looking for a tool
Hey, the list moved, but I did not move with it. What did I miss?

By the way,

I am looking for a tool, specifically on solaris is available, but if not,
source code would do.

The tool that I am looking for is one that will show file layout on a disk
by blocks and some way to correlate inode to blocks or filename to blocks.

To give you a reason why: During our backup process which uses legato
networker, I am experiencing a high %busy and high avserv as shown with
sar/iostat.

One theory that I have is that our files (which change frequently) are
scattered around the disk and causing massive mechanical movements while
backing them up. I am trying to find a way to show this graphically or at
least by track/sector.

Has anyone heard of such a thing?

thanks in advance.
Clinton