[Plug-security] Please Update the Hackfest Schedule

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed Jun 29 06:25:22 MST 2011

Please update your hackfest schedule to include our new Tempe location on
the 2nd Saturday of every month.

Please make changes as appropriate to the http://phoenix.plug.az.us site
schedule also.

An example complete schedule appears at http://hackfest.obnosis.com and
states:

Monthly security presentation labs, with open community participation occur
every month on the Second Saturday in Tempe at the Maker Bench (3-6PM) and
Third Saturdays (Noon-3PM) in Chandler at Ganglplankhq.com.

This interactive lab and presentation format covers industry news, specific
protection issues in linux, ongoing industry tool development, RFC scripts,
exploits & net neutrality.

<i>Ethical and legal, as well as liability aspects of security testing are
covered as we investigate the strange world of computer insecurity from our
portly Penguin perspectives. </i>

Hackfests are specially scheduled demonstrations that include open member
participation hacking, cracking, exploits and IDS.
Hackfests are open encroachment events with designated targets.

We also provide information and tools to modify cable modems for DOCSIS 2.0
JTAG to USB and no-solder pin.

Hack test your installations, networks, and program source using Linux
Security distro tools.

2nd Saturday 3-6PM Tempe meeting facilities generously provided by <a
http://www.makerbench.com/?page_id=1202>Maker Bench.

3rd Saturday Noon-3PM meeting facilities generously provided by <a href="
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=gangplank&hl=en&cd=1&ei=zDpKTM67G4PuoATj_syBAQ&sig2=B2Mqr-poIoyMVyvbifmnig&sll=33.302903,-111.778878&sspn=0.009531,0.150703&ie=UTF8&view=map&cid=8705411617655272523&ved=0CCAQpQY&hq=gangplank&hnear=&ll=33.299973,-111.841673&spn=0.003847,0.007183&t=h&z=18&iwloc=A">Gangplankhq.com</a>
in Chandler.

Plan on being able to use live CDs, or USB jump drives to follow along, if
you bring your laptop and targets are announced. Since we have a VMware
Server, you can pre-request a specific target or make arrangements to have
your code ported to one of our virtuals and hit with Metasploit or Rapid 7
Community edition.  Open network access is unlimited.

end excerpt

Thanks

--
(602) 791-8002  Android