new computer

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 05:58:06 MST 2024

On my current system I am running without swap, but I do have 32gb ram.

If you pick an ssd with a ram cache on it you don't have to worry about
swap as much there. And you can extend ssd life with underprovisioning if
it still is a concern. But in reality a good quality ssd Wil last for years
even with swap in place as long as you don't run near max storage.