Part 2 :Failure to access repositories when installing Ubuntu 23.10 and 22.04 on Proxmox

Todd Cole toddc at azloco.com
Sat Feb 24 13:55:00 MST 2024

proxmox 8 has all network connections routed thu the proxmox firewall
proxmox upgrades add the firewall to each vm
you can disable that by checking the network setup on each VM and uncheck
the firewall
I have working ubuntu desktops and servers 18.04-24.04 running on proxmox
8.1-4
also uefi and tpm working on some VM's on a old host that does not support
it so it a nice way to learn and test
Todd

On Sat, Feb 24, 2024 at 12:58 PM Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss <
plug-discuss at lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To take Proxmox out of the equation I installed Ubuntu 22.04lts on an
> old laptop.  Installed fine.  The problem must be that something went
> wrong when upgrading from Proxmox version 7 to 8.
>
> When I setup Proxmox over a year ago I configured 2 Ubuntu VMs.  Those
> VM are able to access the repo w/o issue.
>
> Seems the only course of action is to backup the VMs and install Proxmox
> from scratch.
>
> Any thoughts are much appreciated.
>
> Keith

Todd Cole