Phoenix is emerging as the city of the future

Jim azanorak at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 17:45:18 MST 2023

One thing I've noticed about mass transit in the Valley is the money
wasted on that train.  The train only goes where there are tracks.
Instead of taking multiple lanes from traffic to put in the rails for
the train, buses surely would have been a better solution.  A bus can go
anywhere.  If a wreck blocks a road, the bus can take an alternate
route.  The train is stuck until the wreck is cleared from the tracks.
Some event causes an increased demand on a route, more buses can be
easily added.  I remember when politicians were talking about the rail
before it was built. They were saying it would cost $40 million a mile.
$40 million is a helluva lot of buses, and we know government projects
always end up costing way more than what the proponents say it will when
they want the suckers (voters) to vote for it.