I read chip maker TSMC is a sweatshop

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Jul 16 14:37:25 MST 2023

Am 16. Jul, 2023 schwätzte Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss so:

> Thank you der.hans for opening a bag of worms.  Everything today is political

I did not open a bag of worms. I am very much closing the bag that had
already been opened. Discrimination is not acceptable.

> and I do not blame folks for having negative opinions on this subject.

Discrimination and Auslanderhass ( hate of foreigners ) are not political,
they are discrimination and prejudice.

This is a technical and community list, not a political list.

There are many places on the Internet for politcal trolling, PLUG is not
one of them.

ciao,

der.hans

> I agree "People coming from other countries are still people.".  However we
> let way too many people in.  No need to import a bunch of Taiwanese so we can
> subsidize Taiwan at the expense of the AMERICAN taxpayer.
>
> I'll try to stay on course.
>
> 1. Why did the US Government just subsidize the chip industry?
>    - I think it was so the folks in congress could grow rich and some think
> some of this cash makes it's way back to the those in offices.
> 2. How did Nancy Pelosi get so rich?  Some think it was the insider trading.
> She entered office 30 years ago and was worth $3 million.  Today she is worth
> $300 million.  I think that is why she wanted to be speaker - to direct
> policy in such a way to make her rich.  Her husband got caught investing in
> the chip industry just as congress was voting on the gift they were going to
> give to the chip industry.  He immediately pulled out of those investments.
>
> Lets talk about Bill Gates and the H1B system.  It is my understanding Gates
> is the number one user of H1B.  I understand he continues to complain about a
> shortage of qualified labor.  What has he done to fix the problem?  Lobby
> Congress for more.
>
> Why has Gates failed to create the best tech college in the world and
> identify the best of the best in AMERICA and train them?
>
> John F. Kennedy said it best "Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You..."
>
> I know we try to stay away from politics on this list and I know I am
> probably one of the most outspoken. We are in a bad place as a nation.  If we
> stay the course we will lose this country soon.  We do not live in a vacuum.
>

> On 2023-07-16 13:26, der.hans via PLUG-discuss wrote:
>> Am 07. Jul, 2023 schwätzte Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss so:
>>
>> This is highly offensive and completely inappropriate.
>>
>> People coming from other countries are still people.
>>
>> PLUG has had members from many countries throughout the group's history.
>> We currently have members from several countries. No one should have to
>> deal
>> with discrimination within our group.
>>
>> I will ignore the inaccuracy of the statements because being wrong is
>> inconsequential compared to the offensiveness.
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans
>>
>>> I would not be surprised if the US also happened to grant them a load of
>>> H1B visas as part of the deal to do just that, and I'm sure people will
>>> line up across the island to get on that gravy train, particularly to
>>> escape while they still can before China says No.  Like most any one here
>>> on visa, they'll drop a kid at first chance, then in like Flynn...
>>>
>>> I guess someone has to clean the toilets though for local work still, if
>>> that isn't roboticized too by now.
>>>
>>> -mb

#  https://www.SpiralArray.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "Luckily, this is a comic book, for which no idea is too complex."
#    -- Larry Gonick from The Cartoon History of the United States